function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rebecca GlasserRebecca Glasser 

Build a Suggestion Box App - Modify the User Experience (Page Layout Error)

Hello -

In the Suggestion Box App project, #3 (Modify the User Experience), I'm getting an error message: 

The 'Description' section was not found on the Page Layout, or it was empty.

I've confirmed that Suggestion_Description is on both the page layout and the new suggestion layout.  The only layout I don't have it on is the compact layout (and since it's a text field it can't be added there).  I've also completely opened up FLS so that it's visible to all profiles.  There were no default values for it so I'm not entirely sure what I'm missing.

Thank you!
Best Answer chosen by Rebecca Glasser
Prashanth MLPrashanth ML
The Error says :The 'Description' section is missing.
You can complete the challenge by following the below steps to create a section named 'Description' containing field 'Suggestion Description' field.

Now add a new section and rearrange the remaining fields.
  1. Add a section for Description. In the palette, click Section and drag it down until a green bar appears above the System Information section. Drop it there to create the section.
  2. In the Section Properties box, enter Description for the section name.
  3. Choose 1-column for the layout.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Drag the Suggestion Description field into your new section. 

All Answers

Kimberly Smith 8Kimberly Smith 8
I am having the same issue, and have verified the same.
Nikole XueNikole Xue
I am having the same issue... 

did anyone figure this out yet?
Prashanth MLPrashanth ML
The Error says :The 'Description' section is missing.
You can complete the challenge by following the below steps to create a section named 'Description' containing field 'Suggestion Description' field.

Now add a new section and rearrange the remaining fields.
  1. Add a section for Description. In the palette, click Section and drag it down until a green bar appears above the System Information section. Drop it there to create the section.
  2. In the Section Properties box, enter Description for the section name.
  3. Choose 1-column for the layout.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Drag the Suggestion Description field into your new section. 

This was selected as the best answer
Tiffany Tsai 7Tiffany Tsai 7
I am still having this issue :(
Sergio Otero FelipeSergio Otero Felipe
Did anyone fix this issue? I am having the same problem.
KISHORE_REDDY KAMASANIKISHORE_REDDY KAMASANI
I thought Prashanth ML given the best solution for the issue. Please refer to the exact steps that he has given. You only need to focus on the Suggestion object Page Layout. There you need to create a new section for the suggestion description field and also not to forget to name the section name as 'Description'
KISHORE_REDDY KAMASANIKISHORE_REDDY KAMASANI
User-added image
Darren McNeilDarren McNeil

I just confirmed that Prashanth ML had the correct answer. However, I do think there are a few steps that should be added to get you to where you need to be.

1. From setup go to your Object Manager
2. Click on your Suggestion object
3. Select Page Layouts and Click on Suggestion Layout
4. In the first section where you find "Save", "Quick Save", ect make sure "Fields" is selected in the left side menu.
5. To the right of the menu, find "Section".
6. Click and drag it into the Suggestion Detail area. Place this section below the "Information" section.

At this point you can follow the rest of the instructions given by Prashanth ML. I tend to like giving full instructions, especially with anyone who is newer to Salesforce, so apologies for the play by play.

siddhartha nagsiddhartha nag
From Fields drag Blank space above the system information. 
In the Section Properties box, enter Description for the section name.
Choose 1-column for the layout.
Click OK.
Then drag the suggestion description tab from Information to the Description section and click save.