function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mark Kennedy 7Mark Kennedy 7 

Cannot reset Trailhead password due to missing answer to question

Any clue as to whom to contact about getting a password to a trailhead account reset?  I've created a 2nd playground and cannot log in.  Since the lesson that required me to create the new playground is completed, I can't rerun that lesson to generate a new playground area.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Mark,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

May I suggest you please reach out to the trailhead support team for better and quick assistance on the above issue so that they can help you accordingly.

You may reach trailhead support at the below email address. Hope this will help you.

Kindly mark this as solved if the information was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Nicholas BretagnaNicholas Bretagna

Similar problem -- I have the capacity to change the password, but in order to do that, I need access to the security question which I never set. I'll contact the above, but, all in all, this is poor design.

It's sloppy design on the part of SF, they should just lead you through the creation of a "new" account with the username they want to use for the trailhead playgound forced, as a part of the new trailhead completion action. There are all sorts of headaches figuring out how this system works, given the lack of a tutorial explaining the concepts and the lack of a system to do the whole setup process and/or just copy the existing values from the primary user account. Rather than using a wholly unique name they should have just made an adjustment to the username, too.

iamme@yesyesyes.com is the primary name, then iamme.001@yesyesyes.com (or something of the sort) is the first trailhead name, etc., and then copy the presumably encrypted password over to the new sub-account password, so they're the same password. If the encryption varies based on the username (understandable) so that they would not work like that, then ask for a password and set it then.