function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC ADM 7SFDC ADM 7 

Look up search in visualforce page

Hi All,
I want to implemet look up search in Visualforce page. My requirement is,
I want to search data in parent data with multiple fields. In visualforce page I want to add these fields with radio buttons. If any of field value is matching then I want to display all matching records. 
For all matching records I want checkbox before to the record. I want to have a save button on this page.
whatever I selected matching records by using checkbox and when clicked on save button, I want to create these records in child object.
How can I do this?
Please help me

Thanks in Advance

srlawr uksrlawr uk
What sort of things have you tried so far? Do you have any code you can paste in here for us to work with? I mean - that's a lot of code!! Even I don't think I could just freestyle it all in an answer.

What is your experience with Visualforce and Apex? This will involve a custom controller with a few methods, and a Visualforce page with a form tag, a bunch of inputs and a couple of buttons.

For the record what you are trying to do is 100% achievable, so you can head into this task with the upmost confidence. I'd probably estimate myself about 2 days of work though to go through a quick prototype, production and some test coverage.

Please let us know how the work shapes up and any specific queries you have (other than can we write the code for you... ;) )
SFDC ADM 7SFDC ADM 7

Hi Srlawr,

Thank you for your response
Please share me if you have any prototype for this