function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nicole CampanielloNicole Campaniello 

Help Creating Prorate Calculator Formula in SFDC

Hey y'all.
I'm trying to figure out how to add this neat little calculator to Salesforce. I have all the steps lined out in the order they need to perform, but I need some help structuring it. Here's the steps:
User-added image
Could someone help me understand how this needs to be structured in order to get it to run? Any and all help is appreciated.
Thank you and happy holidays!

PS: I am a complete n00b when it comes to Salesforce. I've only been working with it for two weeks. So I'm incredibly sorry if this is a completely n00bish question to ask, lol.
Nicole CampanielloNicole Campaniello
Oops, I'd like to add that line #4 should have the second half (after the asterik) in parenthesis.
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hello,

That seems an exercise for creating some formula fields reusing them in the following formulas.
The only problem is to choose the correct type of the result fields  of these formulas (percent or number for example).

The first formula should be a number ( field1 ).
The second formula returns a number of day between the two dates ( field2 ).
The third formula is the first formula divided by 365 ( field1 / 365 ).
The forth formula is the second formula multiply by the thrid formula ( field3 * field2 )

As soon as these formula fields are created and added to the layout of the object, you just have to fill the forth values (Amount, Rate, Start and Anniversary).