function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rajesh BangaloreRajesh Bangalore 

Need help on trail head challenge Error: Duplicate Username sthripio@jedeye-tech.com.

Hi All,
Very Good Morning!
Can any one tell me how you guys completed this 2 factor authentication  for users login challenge in trail head as the user name with which they need to verify is being shown as error.
When i tried to create a new user with user name sthripio@jedeye-tech.com as per challange it throws error says the user already exist. Can some one help?

tanu SFDCtanu SFDC
Hi Rajesh  
Hope, you have successfully created the account Login.salesforce.com.
Step 1 : Logged in Dev account  (https://login.salesforce.com/).
Step2: Open the trailhead link in other tab (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/)
Step3 : Click on login button on trailhead then its automatically redirect to you logged salesforce account. Don't need to enter the password again when logged in trailhead.

Rajesh BangaloreRajesh Bangalore

Hey Tanu,

Thankyou for the reply.

i was not clear in explaining the issue . When i tried to create a new user in my salesforce org as apart of that trail head challenge with that name i got that error.

Error: Duplicate Username sthripio@jedeye-tech.com.

I rechecked the challenge and it says create an user account so I created a diffenrent user account (with a different username) and completed the challenge.
Thankn you for the help.

Didier ColotDidier Colot
Hi Rajesh, 
I have the same problem as you but could not (yet) solve it.
Hopefully, we will find a way through... ;-)
Didier
Mickae TrumanMickae Truman
This issue still exists: Error: Duplicate Username. 
The username already exists in this or another Salesforce organization. Usernames must be unique across all Salesforce organizations. To resolve, use a different username (it doesn't need to match the user's email address).
Ryan Johnson 108Ryan Johnson 108

Same deal here.

User-added image

It's not really the check your work test so I ended up skipping it. But if you follow along with the instructions you cannot make the same "new user" and it also doesn't list which role to pick for them.

Just fudge the username, pick a random role and finish the walkthrough. The real challenge is at the bottom.

Cheers.

Ninad Gaikwad 3Ninad Gaikwad 3
I found a workaround.. Do give it a try if it works for now (not sure the reason behind it though)

Keep the email id in the fields "Email" and "Username" same.. but add some junk letter at the end of the username
Eg.:
Email:  Test@test.com
Username: Test@test.com2
Ruby MenonRuby Menon
@ninad Your solution worked. Thanks so much!