function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sagar MadkaikarSagar Madkaikar 

Community Template for Salesforce Mobile App.

Hi,

We have a requirement where we need to allow our partners to access community through saleforce mobile app.
Our community will extensively contain lightning components.
Earlier we tried using Napili template based community but that cannot be accessed from Mobile app.

Can any one please suggest which community template should we use so that our partner users can us that through salesforce mobile app.
Our last resort would be using VF+Tab community. But we need to explore more template based options for lightning components.

Thanks,
sagar
Anna MarshAnna Marsh
The only way to increase for a much broader variety of clever phones with out unique code bases is to use one of the javascript cradle languages together with phone gap / titanium etc what these http://www.essayace.co.uk basically do is provide a harness that sits in the cellular device and permits you as a developer to then speak with the gadgets competencies together with cameras, accelorometers etc the use of javascript. On top of that you could use one of the javascript cellular libraries together with sencha touch or jquery cell to locate contact and gesture actions and so on.
Todd Halfpenny MCTodd Halfpenny MC
Sagar, I believe at the moment that your options are limited. There's a good post here on Making the Right Choice for Mobile Salesforce Community Applications (http://www.mobilecaddy.net/making-right-choice-mobile-salesforce-community-applications/) on some of the available routes, along with pros/cons. As with most questions like "what route do I go down", the answer depends heaviliy on what the requirements are.

With you the request to use Lightning components you're limited even further, but if you can move away from this then I believe that custom build gives you by far the most flexibility when it comes to mobile community apps.