function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rich FiekowskyRich Fiekowsky 

why my setup menus do not have Deploy or Outbound Change Sets ?

I am trying to learn more about development. My Developer Edition org does not have the "Deploy" item in the Setup menus. Maybe this is normal, since there is not any Production system involved. But how can I practice preparing Change Sets and moving them to other orgs, such as my Trailhead playgrounds?  
Best Answer chosen by Rich Fiekowsky
Saravana Muthu 8Saravana Muthu 8
Hi,

Sorry you can't learn this in free dev edition. The Developer Edition doesn't have the concept of Sandboxes so there is no "Changesets" too 

You'll have to practice that one your Sandboxes associated with the Production instance(or the Paid SF Instance that your Company is using).

Please mark it as best answer if it helps.

Thanks,
Saravana

All Answers

Saravana Muthu 8Saravana Muthu 8
Hi,

Sorry you can't learn this in free dev edition. The Developer Edition doesn't have the concept of Sandboxes so there is no "Changesets" too 

You'll have to practice that one your Sandboxes associated with the Production instance(or the Paid SF Instance that your Company is using).

Please mark it as best answer if it helps.

Thanks,
Saravana
This was selected as the best answer
Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

May I request you please refer the below link to 30 days trial version. hope it helps.

Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.

Thanks
Rahul Kumar

Anna Jackson 2Anna Jackson 2
yeah it hepls
Nicole LittleNicole Little
It sounds like you're working within Salesforce's environment. Deploying changes between orgs is a key skill to learn in Salesforce development and administration.
To clarify, the "Developer Edition" (DE) orgs and "Trailhead Playgrounds" (TP) are similar in nature in that both are isolated environments meant for learning and testing. However, you're correct that without a "production" or a "full sandbox" environment, the usual "Outbound Change Sets" feature isn't visible.
To practice moving metadata between orgs, Check here (https://www.xn--trktelekomhztesti-22b13h.com/) the following steps:
Unmanaged Packages:
One of the simplest ways to transport metadata is through unmanaged packages.
Go to Setup -> Build -> Create -> Packages.
Create a new unmanaged package, add components to it, then generate a package link.
Use this link to install the package in a different DE org or Trailhead playground.
Thrive HashThrive Hash
In a Developer Edition org, the Deploy and Outbound Change Sets options are not available in the Setup menus. These options are used for deploying changes between environments. You can practice preparing change sets in a sandbox org. Sandboxes are copies of your org where you can make and test changes before deploying. In a sandbox org, you have access to the Deploy and Outbound Change Sets options to practice effectively. Create a sandbox org to learn and experiment with changes without affecting your production or developer edition orgs. 

Regard: https://thrivehash.com/