function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NihuNihu 

In lightning, we can add tabs to the standard page (record page) quickly. Is there any possibility to build a custom tab component which allows us to add tabs to the custom page on the fly JUST LIKE we add tabs easily when we edit the record page.

User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Nihu
sfdcMonkey.comsfdcMonkey.com
yes we can create a custom lightning component by which component we can add or remove tabs dynamically same way like this logic (http://sfdcmonkey.com/2017/08/09/add-delete-rows-dynamic/) :

but my concern with this custom component is, how we can save the state of on the fly tabs after component reload and how we can put custom content in those on the fly tabs ? so i agree with your idea but  i don't think it's practically possible. you can try basic thing but it doesn't make sense.

Thanks

All Answers

no as per my understanding it's not possible you can add new tab on record detail page by edit the record page but not dynamic as you mention in your query

let me know if it helps you, close your query by choosing best answer
Thanks 
NihuNihu
Thank U Piyush for the reply.. So you mean to say
If I had a custom page on which i want to have, sumthing like a custom tab component (Add Tabs), using which i can create/add tabs on the page quickly and easily as we can now do it on the standard page..... Is not possible?
NihuNihu
Firstly, I dont have that code( thats my question in first place if we can build a component like that)...
Secondly we wont set/update the standard record page edit settings (for add new tabs on componnet) by lightning component.
We are trying to build a page where we can add tabs, like a lightning page tab; custom component on that page which allows us to add tabs....
So jus wanted to know if we can build something like a custom tab component, where we can add tabs on the fly.
yes we can create a custom lightning component by which component we can add or remove tabs dynamically same way like this logic (http://sfdcmonkey.com/2017/08/09/add-delete-rows-dynamic/) :

but my concern with this custom component is, how we can save the state of on the fly tabs after component reload and how we can put custom content in those on the fly tabs ? so i agree with your idea but  i don't think it's practically possible. you can try basic thing but it doesn't make sense.

Thanks
This was selected as the best answer
NihuNihu
Yea... I get your point...

Thank U