function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Christopher BarrettChristopher Barrett 

Input fields for Visualfoce page not showing

Hello,

This is driving me nutty so I'm really hoping someone can lend a hand.

I created a Visualfoce page. When I preview the page, one of the two input boxes shows.

When I navigate to the link while not logged into Salesforce, none of the input boxes show but the text and save button show. I have reviewed the guest access profile and believe I have set access to all the fields in the lead object.

I've consulted documentation and community questions and all seem to indicate a security setup issue. However, I'm not sure what else to check.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Santosh Reddy MaddhuriSantosh Reddy Maddhuri
Hi Christopher ,

1.Are you displaying those fields on Sites pages?
2. For the guest profle have to checked Read, Edit ,Create permissions for the related object or checked Read option only?

In other words simply go to Public Access Settings in Sites and verify the field level security and read/edit access for the object and try.

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I've looked at #2 and everything seems to be in order. What do you mean by #1?

I'm very new to this.

Thanks!
When I navigate to the link while not logged into Salesforce, none of the input boxes show - for this statement, was making sure that navigation link needs to Sites page.
Ok, another try would be FLS (Field level Security).

Make sure the fields you exposed on your page are visible on your site:
1.In the Site Details page, click Public Access Settings.
2. Under Field-Level Security, next to Lead, click View.
3. Verify that the Visible setting is enabled for those fields.

Hope this helps!
Hi,

Thanks for the help. I used inputtext instead of inputfield and now the boxes show.

However, I can't get the save button to show. I can get quicksave to show, but upon clicking it I get "system.security.NoAccessException: Update access denied for Lead, controller action methods may not execute"

I checked and the guest profile has create and read access to the lead object.

Thank you and thanks for helping someone very new to this.
Hi Christopher,

Unfortunately Lead will have only Read and Create access through guest profile of Sites.  Sites users cannot update leads, this is a licensing limitation.That is the reason you are encountering the above exception.Please try any alternative approaches likes communities or moving record information of a custom object  into lead upon creation or update by exposing that object to sites page.Hope this helps!.