function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SomeDudeSomeDude 

Trailhead Import Data, unable to complete Prepare for Data Import as i dont have any csv files

Hello,

I am following the training suggestions to exercise data import.

I am not asking about how to complete the challange, as example CSV is available for downlad from the page. I am interested in completing the 2 exercises for importing data using Data Loader and the Wizard.

Under section: Prepare for Data Import
There are 4 steps to follow. First 2 say:

1. Use your existing software to create an export file.
2. Clean up the import file for accuracy and consistency. This involves updating the data to remove duplicates, delete unnecessary information, correct spelling and other errors, and enforce naming conventions.

Steps 1 and 2 suggest i should use some existing data for this exercise. I dont have any existing data, and i dont know how could i have any...its not like im running some CRM at home...

Am I missing something? How have you managed to complete exercises requiring that data.

Please advise.
Best Answer chosen by SomeDude
Kaustubh LabheKaustubh Labhe
Hey, 

Well in fairness, that is not an exercise mate. Its a guide on how to start importing data from a non-salesforce data source into Salesforce. 
As an admin, you must follow those steps to prepare an import file. 
Don't see a problem there. But I might be mistaking. 

All Answers

Hi, What is the name of the Trailhead module? 

Rahul KumarRahul Kumar (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

May I suggest you please refer the below link for reference. hope it helps.

Please mark it as best answer if the information is informative.so that question is removed from an unanswered question and appear as a proper solution.​

Thanks
Rahul Kumar
SomeDudeSomeDude
Thats the module:
Data Management,
Import Data
Ok but in that if you scroll down, the HandOn Challenge has a link to download the CSV File isnt it? 

User-added image
SomeDudeSomeDude
True. But, it doesnt make sense to me to use the same file and data in the exercise, as within the challange.
I imagine the exercises are for ... exercising, and a challange, should pose a ... challange based on the exercised knowledge...

Hence i would expect different set of data for each.
Hey, 

Well in fairness, that is not an exercise mate. Its a guide on how to start importing data from a non-salesforce data source into Salesforce. 
As an admin, you must follow those steps to prepare an import file. 
Don't see a problem there. But I might be mistaking. 
This was selected as the best answer
Deepak PorwalDeepak Porwal
Same but i am not able to download this mentioned file....  :(  how i can complete this i imported other files
Deepak PorwalDeepak Porwal
PLease suggest me Download this CSV file (right click and select 'Save Link As'). when i am clicking on this m not able to see any CSV document for downloading.PLease suggest me what i can do for completing this task.
Renada ColemanRenada Coleman
I download this data too many times trying to complete this challenge. I need to purge the system with everything I downloaded to start over. Can someone help me on how to do this? I do not want to delete the wrong information.

Super BadgeChallenge Issue