function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Thomas IvyThomas Ivy 

API version error on Trailhead Check Challenge

I have done what the challenge requires yet I'm getting this error.   This is a new Developer Org that is specifically for this Trail.   Can someone help me discover the issue?  Here is a text of the issue with a screenshot.

There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: QMSLQDPP. Error: Faraday::ClientError. Message: 550: Value [{sqrtScale=false, showTitle=true, showAxis=true, referenceLines=[{color=rgb(0, 161, 224), label=$22.5M, value=22500000}, {color=rgb(0, 161, 224), value=0}], title=Total Amount, customDomain={showDomain=false}}] for field [parameters] can't be downgraded to API version 39.0.

User-added image

Best Answer chosen by Thomas Ivy
Thomas IvyThomas Ivy
I figured it out.  The Trail has a step to setup an x-axis on the Dashboard.   However,  the Check Challange was having an issue with that.   I removed the x-axis and the error was resolved.    

That's not good for anyone else who follows the steps in the trail.  But, I'm glad I got it working.   Thanks Jigarshah for looking at my issue.

All Answers

jigarshahjigarshah
Thomas,

The issue is in conjunction with which Trailhead Module? It seems that certain attributes you are using in your Handson Challenge are only supported with API versions greater than 39.0. Hence you will need to update the Version Settings for the respective artefact.

If you are using any Apex or Visualforce code, you can follow the steps below and update the API version of the respective Apex Class or Visualforce page in consideration. 
  • For Apex Classes, navigate to Setup > Apex Classes > Your_Apex_Class_Name > Edit > Version Settings tab > Change the value in the API Version dropdown field to either 40.0 or 41.0 i.e. greater than 39.0
Apex Version Change
  • For Visualforce Pages, navigate to Setup > Visualforce Pages > Your_Visualforce_Page_Name > Edit > Version Settings tab > Change the value in the API Version dropdown field to either 40.0 or 41.0 i.e. greater than 39.0

Visualforce Version Change

Complete the steps above and recheck the challenege.
Thomas IvyThomas Ivy
Hi;   This is the Challange

Analytics Dashboard Building Basics = Trail
Add Selectors That Allow Users to Filter the Dashboard Results = Step 4

The strange thing is, I created the Developer Org for this Trail and the previous steps worked just fine.   Every time the ID is different but the message is the same.   Here is the last error.

There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: HQUSHQEO. Error: Faraday::ClientError. Message: 550: Value [{sqrtScale=false, showTitle=true, showAxis=true, referenceLines=[{color=rgb(0, 161, 224), label=$22.5M, value=22500000}, {color=rgb(0, 161, 224), value=0}], title=Total Amount, customDomain={showDomain=false}}] for field [parameters] can't be downgraded to API version 39.0.
Thomas IvyThomas Ivy
I figured it out.  The Trail has a step to setup an x-axis on the Dashboard.   However,  the Check Challange was having an issue with that.   I removed the x-axis and the error was resolved.    

That's not good for anyone else who follows the steps in the trail.  But, I'm glad I got it working.   Thanks Jigarshah for looking at my issue.
This was selected as the best answer