function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steve HardySteve Hardy 

How to Add multiple opportunities to an account project

We have multiple opportunities for customers, some of which are stand alone, and some which are part of a larger solution. I need to be able to track these solutions and be able to create new ones when needed from the opportunity. Ideally when a new opportunity is created and the customer selected, a picklist of all current Solutions would appear, but the user could also enter a new solution when needed.

Example

Opportunity  Solution
1                   New Site Setup
2                   New Site Setup
3                   - None - 
4                  New Call Centre

1 & 2 relate to a solution that already exists for the account. 3 does not link to any solution. 4 is a new SOlution that needs adding to the list for the account in question

Does anyone have any idea on how I can go about creating this?
Deepali KulshresthaDeepali Kulshrestha
Hi Steve,

It is a broad question.  Long story short is we had Partners brought in to help set us up, I was not involved through the process.  The individual that was involved is no longer with the company, I walked into a mess.  I am not the expert, but I feel as though I am not able to properly utilize SF how it is meant to be used - even the basics.  Currently, it is a glorified Rolodex to me.  That's the quick background on my situation.     

I am sure you can follow me here, if not I can explain further but this is how we are currently set up:  

We have a customized PROJECTS tab with Project Details, Opportunities, Open Activities, etc..within.  Currently, once a PROJECT is set up, any ACCOUNT that we send a Quote to is considered an OPPORTUNITY (we create the PROJECT, we create the OPPORTUNITY within the PROJECT and link the ACCOUNT to the OPPORTUNITY for that PROJECT).  The OPPORTUNITIES are listed within the PROJECT as we quote.  The Quote is set up within the OPPORTUNITY giving value to the OPPORTUNITY.  With that being said, there is no PROJECT value to forecast.  There are multiple OPPORTUNITY values for the given PROJECT, but only one OPPORTUNITY is going to win the PROJECT.

This now creates inaccurate information for me.  It is reporting all the OPPORTUNITY values = 4-5 times the actual PROJECT value.  I hope I explained that enough in detail to understand how we are currently set up. 

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepali Kulshrestha
Steve HardySteve Hardy
Hi Deepali,

Thanks for your information.So was your Projects Object a Master/Detail relationship to your Account Object and does it pass the Project type in to any created opportunities?

Regards,

Steve