function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Prasad RuwanpathiranaPrasad Ruwanpathirana 

How register dynamic external site from apex call out in managed package?

I need to give the access to edit the external site in a managed package. Currently I'm using named credentials but It wont give the access to change the url. Is there any work around for this? Thanks
jigarshahjigarshah
Couple of things to check Named Creds in Managed Packages
jigarshahjigarshah
Ignore the Remote Siet Settings since they are not applicable if Named Credentials are being used.
Hi Jigarshah,
Thanks for the reply. I need to edit the end point url of named credentials from the subscriber. Since I need to make a configurable end point url to the manage package installed org. Is there any other way to do this? Thanks. 

jigarshahjigarshah
Prasad,
  • You can navigate to Setup > Security > Named Credentials within your Salesforce instance.
  • All the availabled Named Credential listings within your org would be available. Click Edit next to the Named Credential you intend to override.
Edit Named Creds
  • Change the URL value to the desired url of your choice and click Save.
URL Update in Named Credentials
Hi Jigarshah,
As I found we can't edit named credential end point url after installation. :(
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.packagingGuide.meta/packagingGuide/packaging_component_attributes.htm
Thanks

jigarshahjigarshah
Have you tried creating another named credential with the same name and check if that works. If that does not, the only way to modify your named credentials is to reach out to the managed package provider and get it done with their assistance.