function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AndrewTaylorAndrewTaylor 

Deploying Object's Compact Layout Assignment

I am trying to deploy default Compact Layout assignment to different sandbox environments. The layout deploys fine, but in the target destination, the assignment isn't updated (stays with System Default).

I'm retrieving my code through my IDE (Mavensmate) and deploying thorugh ANT scripts.

In retrieving the related metadata (I don't want the whole object, only the relevant changes), I get the following:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CustomObject xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
    <compactLayouts>
        <fullName>Default</fullName>
        <fields>Name</fields>
        <fields>Field1__c</fields>
        <fields>Field2__c</fields>
        <fields>Field3__c</fields>
        <fields>Field4__c</fields>
        <label>Default</label>
    </compactLayouts>
</CustomObject>

I can try manually adding compactLayoutAssignment, but worry about this disappearing every time I retrieve/refresh my project from the org. Is there a way I can cleanly configure my project so this is retrieved, and I can deploy w/o updating the xml beforehand?

Rahul Kukreja 5Rahul Kukreja 5
Hey, did you get the solution?
I am having similar kinda problem.
Compact Layout in the target org is deployed but the assignment for the compact layout still shows as System.
I have defined the assignment in the tags <compactLayoutAssignment>compactLayoutName</compactLayoutAssignment> 
can you help me with this?
Mosh HamedaniMosh Hamedani
Academic Master is a US based writing company that provides thousands of free essays to the students all over the World. If you want your essay written by a highly professional writers, then you are in a right place. We have hundreds of highly skilled writers working 24/7 to provide quality  essay writing services  to the students all over the World.

kusumu michaelkusumu michael

Small business lead generation is when a small business deploys various strategies to build interest in their product or service and attract those who are interested in the hopes that they will eventually become customers.

you have a small business, or you’re tasked with generating leads for small business clients.

Some companies successfully amp-up their small business leads with a bigger budget. They outspend their competitors in terms of advertising and PR.

Lead generation ideas