function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nagesh NagarajaraoNagesh Nagarajarao 

20 years of exp. in Mechanical field, but passionate about programming

My Background;
I am basically a mechanical engineer with almost 20 years of experience in the field of  engineering & sales in leading organizations producing high performance couplings and mechanical seals.
During last 2 to 3 years I have been using Salesforce CRM tools extensively in my company and am aware of the functionalities. I have used Salesforce for sales forecast, activity management, customer service console etc,

Salesforce Knowledge
My company had outsourced configuration and maintenance of salesforce and I was made salesforce super user. 
I have now learnt salesforce functions / configuration  (Apps, objects, validation, permission sets, profiles, reports & dashboards) .
Additionally, I have also learnt developer concepts like APEX class, SOQL, SOSL, Triggers etc., and am sure that I would be able to carry out jobs related to salesforce administrator / developer 

Computer programming knowledge
Though being a mechanical engineer, I was always interested in programming. Initially during my college days, I had completed course in Foxpro and later on learnt MS Access and Visual Basic. Additionally, I have also learnt Java through online course. During my tenure of work, I have designed number of MS Access programs, which are being used even today in my previous companies. 

Future interest / passion   
I am now looking at opportunities as a Salesforce administrator / developer where I can exhibit my logical reasoning skills and at the same time use my extensive work experience.
From this Salesforce community, I would require suggestions / advice on how I can go forward.
Vinod ChoudharyVinod Choudhary
Hi Nagesh,

Are you looking for a job in Salesforce domain?. or you want to work on Salesforce?

If you want to refine you Salesforce knowledge you can do it your self.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com

Thanks 
Vinod
Nagesh NagarajaraoNagesh Nagarajarao

Thanks for your response Vinod

I am looking for job in  Salesforce domain in Bangalore.

As susggested by you, I am refining my Salesforce knowledge.
I am re-doing all projects which I had developed using MS Access and VB.