function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Glenn Nyhan 54Glenn Nyhan 54 

Formula Field Error Message - Error: Syntax error. Missing ')'

I created a formula field to look at the Event Name and if its a particular name it takes the ticket type and count of tickets is multiple by the cost of the ticket based  on the type of ticket and cost. I am get the following error message, but can't tell whats wrong with the formula
I should mention the VALUE part of the formula works fine, but in adding the IF statement I am now getting and error. Any help solving this is greatly appreciated. 

Error: Syntax error. Missing ')'

Formula:

IF(Event_Specific_Name__c = 02/04/2018 CC "Meditation Training Practice Day"  + VALUE(TEXT(General_Admission_of_Tickets_Ordered__c)) * 90.00 
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

From the formula you posted, there are three opening braces if you count,but only two closing braces.

Best Regards,
Sandhya
Hi Sandhya,

IF(Event_Specific_Name__c = (02/04/2018 CC "Meditation Training Practice Day")  + VALUE(TEXT(General_Admission_of_Tickets_Ordered__c))) * 90.00

When I enter this I still get this error message - Error: Syntax error. Missing ')' And the CC (see highlighted underlined text above), which is the correct value for the Event_Specific_Name__c field. Can't figure out why this is an error, and that error is Missing ')' highlighting the CC.
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
Can you please tell me your requirement so that we can help you in your formula
Hi Amit,

I found another solution, and used the following formula which worked for my needs:

GA_Total__c * VALUE(TEXT(General_Admission_of_Tickets_Ordered__c))