function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Geetha saiGeetha sai 

Quick help on detail page Lookup filed

In Case Object,I have a custom field which is lookup to user.When I logged into community,I have Javascript button based on that custom filed will populate the logged in username.There I am not supposed to see the hyperlink on detail page.
One way is that  we can use formula field but in my case i have already used maximun object references in case object.
How can i achieve this.Any help can be appreciated.

Thanks 
Geetha
Best Answer chosen by Geetha sai
Gaurav HandooGaurav Handoo
Hi Geetha

Given that you have already reached the limit for Object Reference limit, I would recommend, changing your button from JS button to a Flow/Process Builder and populate the value in a text field. Then you can control the visibility of the field via Page Layout to be only read only, that ways community user won't be able to edit it through detail page and/or through edit mode.

Hope this helps. Please mark as best answer if it does.

Cheers!!

Gaurav

All Answers

Gaurav HandooGaurav Handoo
Hi Geetha

Given that you have already reached the limit for Object Reference limit, I would recommend, changing your button from JS button to a Flow/Process Builder and populate the value in a text field. Then you can control the visibility of the field via Page Layout to be only read only, that ways community user won't be able to edit it through detail page and/or through edit mode.

Hope this helps. Please mark as best answer if it does.

Cheers!!

Gaurav
This was selected as the best answer
Geetha saiGeetha sai
Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your response.But just for removing link  do I need to go for process buider/flows.Planning to raise a case to salesforce for increasing object reference.