function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Michael Duncan 11Michael Duncan 11 

I am getting a challenge validation error repeatedly in "Visualize Your Data with the Lightning Dashboard Builder"

This is in the challenge for "Visualize Your Data with the Lightning Dashboard Builder".  It repeatedly tells me
" Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find a component in the 'Big Deals' dashboard with the title 'Opportunity Stages'.

But I have a component in the' Big Deals' Dashboard with the title of 'Opportunity Stages'. I've deleted and recreated it several times to no effect.
I've never seen a glitch in Trailhead before this.
srlawr uksrlawr uk
Sometimes - especially if you have done tonnes of trails in the same org - they can get a bit messed up, that's partly why its so easy these days to spin up new "playgrounds" all the time. I don't know how onerous that module is, but if you can do it quickly, I would suggest rattling through it in a new playground?

You can always re-access your playgrounds from Your name > Settings on trailhead.

At first, I didn't like the idea of spreading it all out because tidy people "want all their stuff in one place" - but honestly, it's better to almost use a different playground for every badge! Once it's verified, you don't really need it again.

If that does not appeal, perhaps post some screenshots of you Dashboard builder screens and we can scruitinise them with you! Its amazing how "bug blind" you can become to your own typing etc. that a second pair of eyes can help spot!
Michael Duncan 11Michael Duncan 11
Hi and thanks for the suggestion. I did as you suggested, used a new playground, and it was perfectly happy. I'll use that approach in the future if I ever encounter anything like this.
Thanks again,
Mike