function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RAJAN SHINDERAJAN SHINDE 

case timer in service cloud

Hi, In service cloud customer rep has ability to handle multiple cases for given time. We need to capture "active handle time" or "time spent" for each case. I have checked on below app but it's not working in this case.
1. https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016ccNEAQ
    here, APEX trigger is not recording time until case is closed. but in out scenario, we need to record time as and when case is handled by rep.
2. https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000Dpol8EAB
    here, we modified this app to remove widet from service console so that rep should not have visibilty about time he spent but this is not working as expected.
Could you please help on this scenario.

Please suggest direction.
jigarshahjigarshah
Rajan,

If you need the enstire time, you can cpature it using 2 custom DateTime fields CaseStartDateTime__c and CaseEndDateTime__c. Then write a custom formula field to capture the difference between the 2 date time values in hrs or days.

You could also have a separate custom object to capture a series of start and end times spent by a Service Rep on a Case. Identify events to capture intermediate Start and End times every time, when a certain Case Status is reached. Then capture the difference between those intermediate DateTime values. Aggregate the individual times using Rollup Summary to identify the total time spent by a rep on a Case.
RAJAN SHINDERAJAN SHINDE
Thank you Jigar. with above logic I will be able to capture time spent on case if
- rep moves from one case to another case by changing CASE_STATUS.
In my case, Rep can handle multiple case and CASE_STATUS is not changing. Unfortunately, we have system where CASE_STATUS value is different for each network so I can not build genral functionality in service cloud based on CASE_STATUS. Overall here, we want to address this based on active tab (for case) focused by rep against that rep as "time spent". could someone pls suggest direction on this.

jigarshahjigarshah
Rajan,

You could add a custom Visualforce page as a section to the standard Case Page Layout. Have the Visualforce Page controller log the following information within a custom object whenever the Case page has focus.
  • Case Record ID
  • Case Number
  • Start Time
  • End Time
  • User Name / ID of Service Rep
You could then run a summarised report grouped by Sales Rep and Case Number to aggregate the total time spent for every case.
Ariana WinderAriana Winder
We had issues with installing this app but eventually resolved it. Make sure to assign the Permission Set: Case Timer User for users
This perm set gives user the ability to edit the Object: “Session Time”. The user also needs read access to the case.