function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chris floydchris floyd 

External objects not showing up in Object Manager

I am working on the Salesforce Connect trailhead module, specifically Integrate External Data.  When I create external objects they are not showing up in the Object Manager section in setup. How do I get them to show up in the Object Manager?
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Make sure that you have followed the steps in the content of the second unit of this module.

Please mark it as solved if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Best Regards
Sandhya

Grant ParkisGrant Parkis
Ran into same issue today - my fix.

1. External Objects -> Select either object -> scroll down to deployment status and select deployed -> save
do this for both external object.

2. In quick search -> external data sources -> click OrderDB and scroll down to external objects.  click edit next to orders. On left go to page layouts and select Orders Layout.  Select related lists or just scroll down to related lists and click the wrench.  Now you can follow the trailhead teaching from there.  MAKE SURE YOU CLICK SAVE up above when you completed the layout changes.  

Note: the external object is still not showing up in the Objects Manager.  When your in your App home and you see two Orders objects, one is standard and one is the external one you created.  If you hover over them, the external Orders you created will show the __x in the url on the bottom of your screen, showing the path.  This way you know your selecting the eternal object and not the standard object.

Ankit Sharma 7Ankit Sharma 7
Hi,

Actually to access the external objects follow the following path:
Setup =>External Objects.
From there you can access all the external objects.External objects are not available on object manager.
In this way you can complete the module.