function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Winder OjedaWinder Ojeda 

Send email notification when lead owner change not working

Hello I have a problem, the notification via email when changing the owner of a lead does not work. When changing the owner of a lead, I mark the check to send an email and nothing happens. The owner changes but the mail never arrives. It should be noted that this type of email arrives at another type of notifications from the organization, only the problem is in the change of owner manually.

Has someone happened to you?
Is there some kind of configuration that I should review?

I'd appreciate your help.

Regards
{!pramod_nishane}{!pramod_nishane}
Hi Winder,

Please check the following:- 

Sender: Check the box next to "Send Notification Email" when overwriting the lead owner.

Recipient: The new Lead owner himself must ensure:-
My Settings -> Email -> My Email to Salesforce
Check "Email me confirmation of association" (located at the bottom of the Email Associations section)

User-added image

Let me know in case of any concerns.

Please mark this answer as the solution/ best answer if it solves your purpose so that it can help other community members.

Thanks,
Pramod Nishane
Salesforce Consultant
Varasi LLC
www.varasi.com
Winder OjedaWinder Ojeda
Hi Pramod, thank you for your response.

Check the configuration and it's like the one you indicate.

It should be noted that any user who changes the owner of a candidate never receive emails, not only if I make the change, it is global in the organization that the email does not arrive when the owner changes.
{!pramod_nishane}{!pramod_nishane}
Hi Winder,

I am afreaid if I have interpreted your above comment correctly. Do you mean the person who changes the lead owner should receive an email or the person to whom we made the new lead owner should receive an email notification for ownership change.  My abowve reply hold for the later case and the " Send notifiacation email" will also work for the same. 

I would be great if you can elaborate on this.

Thanks,
Pramod Nishane
Salesforce Consultant
Varasi LLC
www.varasi.com
Winder OjedaWinder Ojeda
Hello,

The person to whom we assign as the new owner never receives the mail.

Ex.

The prospect1 is owned by owner1, the owner of Lead 1 is changed from owner1 to owner2. The check to send an email is marked. The owner2 never receives the mail.
Dawn BatchelderDawn Batchelder
I just figured it out in case you are still looking:
   Change Owner 

User-added image
Ada Cirillo 7Ada Cirillo 7
I have this issue as well. Check the checkbox "Send Notification Email" but the new owner does not get an email sent.
Dorothy Elaine Mangubat 8Dorothy Elaine Mangubat 8
You need to enable "Stop Automated Field Updates from Suppressing Email Notifications" from Critical Updates. I think resolution stems from this past KI: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p300000008YvIAAU