function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kevin BinderKevin Binder 

Deployment Error: You cannot change data type due to the following reason. __MISSING LABEL__ PropertyFile - val CustomFieldChangeTypeException_desc not found in section Exception

I'm getting errors trying to install a custom unmanaged package from one org into a blank business org, and I'm getting this error:

"You cannot change data type due to the following reason.
__MISSING LABEL__ PropertyFile - val CustomFieldChangeTypeException_desc not found in section Exception"

However, I cannot for the life of me figure out why I am receiving this error. I can deduce that the package is trying to change a custom field's data type, but I cannot think of a reason why. The receiving org for this package contains no pre-existing custom fields at all, so this package cannot be changing the type of a pre-existing field in the org. In addition, I even attempted to upload it into a different dev org and recieved the same error, so it seems that the issue is with the package itself, not org compatibility.

The only situation I can imagine is that the package is somehow trying to change the data type of one of its own fields, but I cannot imagine why this would be so. Any input on what might be happening here and how to identify the component(s) causing the error would be greatly appreciated.