function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Christopher UhrigChristopher Uhrig 

Salesforce1 Header Navigation - lost inside history caching

Hi Community,
I am currently working on an app created with lightning components. 
My app includes five different components, which I call with `force:navigateToComponent` from each other. 
I added a lightning tab to the mobile navigation bar including the first component.

So the general navigation between the components looks like this:
1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 1 -> 2 ->3 ...

For mobile devices Salesforce includes a navigation header:
Salesforce1 Header

On iOS-devices using Salesforce1 the navigation changes like this when I navigate to the next component:
iOS Header

Unfortunately the icon for toggling the sidebar (Icon) is disappearing as soon as you leave the first screen. So in order to leave the app the user is forced to press the back-button (Back Icon) till the icon to toggle the sidebar (Icon) is appearing again. When the user iterates multiple times through the app this is really frustrating. 

Is there any solution how to show the toggle-icon permanently?

Or is it possible to display a button on the first component so the user can exit the app or toggle the sidebar?

Thanks in advance, 
Chris

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Chris,

My scenario is a bit alike. Although I used force:navigateToComponent specifically because it makes standard "back" arrow show itself in sf1 app. So my guess is you should use a different approach to navigation - try using navigateToUrl or even navigation without using events - just showing and hiding markup dynamically. As far as I know, there's no way to apply any settings to header in sf1 directly in LEX.

Thanks,
Nagendra