function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jyothi d 7jyothi d 7 

is it possible to access salesforce database ?

is it possible to access salesforce database , i want to create one custom button for accessing the .net application without entering login credentials by clicking the button in salesforce automatically the .net application 'll be open and , and  salesforce user if he want to connect to .net application first he need to register from .net with same salesforce credentials . when he registered from .net ,in salesforce automatically one prompt need to be displayed , then the custom button in the begining we creted that should enable for that user to access .net app by clicking the button. 
How it is ?? can anybody understood this scinario please share me 
GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Jyoti,

You want to update Salesforce user's data without entering the credentials. 

Yes, we can achieve this using public site. 

Thanks,
Gaurav
GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Jyothi,

Yes, you can connect 3rd party app with public site, just need to invoke particular URL in app. 

ques2: can you explain more?

Thanks

GauravGargGauravGarg
Hi Jyothi,

I can say, how can you work with Salesforce. But your requirement is mostly linked with .net framework, for this I hope you need to contact .net Developer to check how you can go on with. 
GauravGargGauravGarg
what do you require from Salesforce?
GauravGargGauravGarg
you want to acccess buttons and app by registering in .net and without registing in Salesforce?

You must be requiring some user's details to allow customer to access app and button in salesforce. Salesforce do no allow to access org without user registeration 
GauravGargGauravGarg
then,
  1. create one permission set having permissions for App and Object, Tab
  2. write trigger on User
  3. Check the conditions you need to provide to access app and objects. 
  4. If user's fulfill the requirement, add user in Permission set. Check permissionsetAssignment objects. 

THanks,

Gaurav

GauravGargGauravGarg
you cannot access salesforce internal from .net app, you need to log into salesforce. I am not able to understand you requirement clearly. If possible call me on skype: gaurav62990