+ Start a Discussion
LeoLiLeoLi 

Could not open the Visualforce Page Tab on one/one.app after Critical Update Actived

There was a new critical update named "Remove Instance Names From URLs for Visualforce, Community Builder, Site.com Studio, and Content Files". But after active it, all of the Tabs which contains a Visualforce Page could not be shown on one/one.app when display with the Safari browser on the iPhone.

To make sure this issue was not caused by any other reason, I created the following simple Visualforce Page
<apex:page >
    <apex:outputPanel id="output">Test Page</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:page>
And I also make it be "Available for Lightning Experience, Lightning Communities, and the mobile app"
Then I create a new Tab and also I add it in the Salesforce Navigation in Mobile Administration.

When I deactive that critical update, I can see the text "Test Page" when I click my sample Tab. But unfortunately, it shows nothing after I active that option.

Why? Anybody else meets the same probelm with me?

It looks like that Claibome mets a similar issue, but I think there is a little difference: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=9060G0000005TW2QAM

BTW, I also noticed that when the problem occurs, there were several errors reported in the console, several 404 errors and also a strange "Failed to load resource: too many HTTP redirect" error.
Best Answer chosen by LeoLi
Nick KeatesNick Keates
Hi Leo,
I've escalated this and I reported bad service on the part of the support team with our account manager. he has confimed this is now with the customer success team, so I am waiting feedback on that. As a matter of interest, do you use your companies domain name in the login URL? - I wondered if it may relate to that.

All Answers

karthikeyan perumalkarthikeyan perumal
Hello,

i am also facing same issue. once i got the solution let you know.  salesforce might have to look in to this critical update release. 

Thanks
karthik
 
sfdcdevsfdcdev
I have also faced similar issue after enabling the update. Please follow below steps and see if it works:

1. Enable the critical update
2. Logout from Salesforce
3. Clear browser cookies
4. Close browser
5. Login again and access any custom VF Page

It worked for me.
LeoLiLeoLi
Hi sfdcdev,
The background is that we have an app which use UIWebView to display the content of salesforce in one/one.app,
I have checked you steps, and it will works well in Android, but for iOS, even I clear the cookie and cache for the UIWebView, the VF page will not works after I logout my account and reopen the app again.

I have no idea why Android and iOS have the different behavior.

Also I compared with the Salesforce App, seems they are OK after I logout and log in.
LeoLiLeoLi
User-added image
In the UIWebView navigating event, I can see the log, it seems like in the first jump, the sfdcIFrameOrigin param is "XXX-dev-ed.lighting.force.com" which is the old URL before that update option is active.
So I think maybe I still have some old script running on my client?
LeoLiLeoLi
Additional information, when I tried to visit one/one.app via Safari in iPhone Simulator, I found it behaviors the same as the UIWebview. So I guess it is the falt from Salesforce server side logic?
sfdcdevsfdcdev
In some cases, it's not working.Please contact Salesforce Support.
LeoLiLeoLi
In which channel should I get help from Salesforce Support?
sfdcdevsfdcdev
Create a case with Salesforce.
LeoLiLeoLi
Hi @sfdcdev
I tried to log a case on the partner community, but I was refused because of the developers support is only available with premier customers and partners support.
User-added image
So now I have no idea about how to report this issue to Salesforce Developers. -_-!!!
 
Nick KeatesNick Keates
Hi leo, how did you get on with this. I have exactly the same issue and Salesforce support are using extortion by trying to get me to sign up for Premier support, which my CFO will never auth. SF created the issue wityh their update, and we are now thrown out in the cold .. or maybe you sorted it?
LeoLiLeoLi
Hi Nick,
As I said, I also tried to report this issue to Salesforce in the last several months, but I always fail. Also we don't get a Premier support, so I even could not report this stupid issue.

Till now, I have no update for this issue. It still be there, and no more guys care about it.
Nick KeatesNick Keates
Hi Leo,
I've escalated this and I reported bad service on the part of the support team with our account manager. he has confimed this is now with the customer success team, so I am waiting feedback on that. As a matter of interest, do you use your companies domain name in the login URL? - I wondered if it may relate to that.
This was selected as the best answer
LeoLiLeoLi
Hi Nick,
>As a matter of interest, do you use your companies domain name in the login URL? - I wondered if it may relate to that.
I'm not very sure what do you mean about "use compaines domain name in the login URL".

Do you mean I login with custom domain? If your question is that, my answer should be "NO"
I test the behavior in my DE, and I didn't forbid to login with the original login.salesforce.com. So actually I just login with "login.salesforce.com", not custom domain.
 
LeoLiLeoLi
Hi Nick,
I'm not how was your issue going.
For me, I noticed the following change after Winter' 19 update.
Now in the given case, the Visualforce Page could be shown (But strangely, the page will reload twice)
But after the page shown, I notice the JS code referenced by the VF component does not load correctly.
When track with the resource request, we noticed the server returned a strange HTML content when request the target .js file.
See the following image.
User-added image
Seems Salesforce Developers had done something on this issue, but unfortunately, not all problems had been sovled.