function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Archana JaladiArchana Jaladi 

Using process builder to create a multiple task when an Record is created, can I select the Task Record Type

I am trying to create a very similar process.
I have a custom object Job (master ) and other custom object Steps (child ) . Both of these are children in a master detailed relationship.

In a Job Object there are two record type 1. Lamination and 2 frames. In lamination there are job allocation steps like Plywood cutting, Past, tempering etc. Frame also has same things.

I need a process to create a new Record (job) which will automatically create new multiple steps, not a single step. I want multiple steps like, when I select lamination or frame all relevant job allocation steps to be created.
I am trying to use process builders’ which is creating only one step but I want multiple relevant steps for each record type
also Using process builder, can I select the Task Record Type that I want the new task to have?

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Archana,

Yes you can setup the record type when you are creating a new task
Field                      Type        Value
Task Record Type ID        ID          Enter the 18 Digit Id of Recordtype
In order to get the 18 digit Id of the record type, Navigate to Setup - Activities - Task Record Type and click on the record type name and copy the 15 digit Id of the record type from Browser and then use the below tool to convert the 15 digit Id to 18 digit Id

Process builder does not work well with 15 digit Id hence we are using the 18 digit Id

Please let us know if this helps.

kindly mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Nagendra

Archana JaladiArchana Jaladi
Thanks Nagesh 
I am trying to use process builders’ which is creating only one step but I want multiple relevant steps for each record type. can you pelase help me on this