function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pankaj_KatharPankaj_Kathar 

Best IDE among Eclipse Force.com Vs Mavensmate Vs Visual Studio Code Vs Developer Console?

Can you please help me know which is best for Salesforce development and also for source control?

I think Eclipse Force.com IDE is kind of traditional and being used for a long time now. This IDE also officially supported by Salesforce.com and is widely used by developer community. And It is very strongly coupled with gits for source controlled.

But i do not make out best among all ( Eclipse Force.com Vs Mavensmate Vs Visual Studio Code Vs Developer Console )

Heard that Visual Studio Code is just for Scratch org right now. So is it best to try this for developement and source control?
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Kathar,

May I suggest you please check with below link from the forums community with a similar discussion which might help you further. Please let us know if this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the information was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Marco Zisa 2Marco Zisa 2
You may consider also Salesforce Org Manager (https://github.com/mzisa/salesforce-org-manager), which is an open source project proposing an org metadata manager like MavensMate, with treeview rendering of the Org's metadata + Visual Studio Code as IDE.

Also, Visual Studio Code is not only for scratch org, you may use it for coding to "normal" sanbox or developer Orgs but you need to install Salesforce DX CLI for the above configuration.

Feel free to contact me for any further information.