function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Connie Cannon 4Connie Cannon 4 

How to clone partial sandbox to development one?

I'm not sure how to clone a partial sandbox to a development sandbox.  I need to preserve all the work that has been done in the partial sandbox to we can leverage it in the future.  I also need to free the partial sandbox for other development needs.

I'm sure it will be a cumbersome process.  It seems like I should start with a basic instance then move the pieces over from the source to the destination in the proper order.   Any insite and/or checklists would be much appreciated.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Cannon,

You can create a sandbox by cloning an existing sandbox rather than using your production org as your source. Save time by customizing a sandbox with a set of data and metadata and then replicating it. Sandbox cloning simplifies having multiple concurrent streams of work in your application lifecycle. You can set up a sandbox for each type of work, such as development, testing, and staging. Your colleagues can easily clone individual sandboxes instead of sharing one sandbox and avoid stepping on each other’s toes.

Note: As a beta feature, Sandbox Cloning is a preview and isn’t part of the “Services” under your master subscription agreement with Salesforce. Use this feature at your sole discretion, and make your purchase decisions only on the basis of generally available products and features. Salesforce doesn’t guarantee the general availability of this feature within any particular time frame or at all, and we can discontinue it at any time. This feature is for evaluation purposes only, not for production use. It’s offered as is and isn’t supported, and Salesforce has no liability for any harm or damage arising out of or in connection with it. All restrictions, Salesforce reservation of rights, obligations concerning the Services, and terms for related Non-Salesforce Applications and Content apply equally to your use of this feature. 

For more information please check below link. Thanks,
Nagendra