function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pranavshahpranavshah 

Select option list

Hi All,
Below is my apex class and Vf page, to display list of all Sobjects in My org.. Now Suppose, If i select Account from Dropdown, i need to display all the list of all the account name in my org... how it will be done

public class ObjectList
{
public String Value{get;set;}
public List<SelectOption> getName()
{
List<Schema.SObjectType> gd= Schema.getGlobalDescribe().values();
List<SelectOption> options = new List<SelectOption>();
for (Schema.sobjecttype b: gd)
{
options.add(new SelectOption(b.getdescribe().getlabel(),b.getdescribe().getlabel()));
options.sort();

}
return options;
}
}

VF page:

<apex:page controller="ObjectList"> <apex:pageBlock title="ObjectList"> <apex:form id="pageload"> <apex:pageBlockSection > <apex:selectList value="{!Value}" size="1"> <apex:selectOptions value="{!Name}"> </apex:selectOptions> </apex:selectlist> </apex:pageblocksection> </apex:form> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:page>
Zhen Yueh LeanZhen Yueh Lean
Hi Pranav,

You can try to add the onChange event on selectList to call a apex function which will invoke a method in your controller. The method will need to query all accounts and populate the name into a new List<SelectOption>. This new list will be used by a 2nd selectList in your vf page. Then you should rerender the 2nd selectList.

Please note that salesforce only allows you to query max 50K records in one runtime.