function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Internal PartnerInternal Partner 

How to look for a string when you have many static ressources in the Salesforce application?

Hi all,

does anybody know how to search for a string in all static ressources a Salesforce application has?.
Our application has many static ressources and it would be time consuming to search for on every ressource.

I would appreciate tips here :).
v varaprasadv varaprasad
Hi,

you can use query like below to fetch static resources : 

List<StaticResource> sr = [Select body, name from StaticResource where Name = 'xx'];

Hope this helps you!
If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others.

Thanks
Varaprasad
@For Support: varaprasad4sfdc@gmail.com
THanks varaprasad!!!. I will give it a try and write here back if this helped or not.
Hi varaprasad, I read your answer quietly. What I want is to find a way to find the string "window.location" in the static ressources our Salesforce application has. 
I changed your line this way:

List<StaticResource> sr = [Select body, name from StaticResource where body like = 'window.location'];

Unfortunately I get the error:

Line: 1, Column: 27
name from StaticResource where body like 'window.location' ^ ERROR at Row:1:Column:45 field 'body' can not be filtered in a query call

I am trying to get this work. Do you have any idea?.

I will try this with the data loader. There you can select to export Static Ressource records.
Possible to export per Data Loader but the body is in format Base64 :(. We have over 300 static resources.