function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Peter Mumford 11Peter Mumford 11 

don't see the launch arrow

I'm trying to get started with the Trailhead developer tutorial.  I'm on this page: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/force_com_dev_beginner/modules/platform_dev_basics/units/platform_dev_basics_intro

Under the heading Install the DreamHouse App it says "Click the arrow next to Launch and select Create a Trailhead Playground”.  

I don’t see any arrow, or the word Launch.  Got any tips?

Abdul KhatriAbdul Khatri
Are you logged in. If not you will see this screen shot?
User-added image

Once you logged in you will see this
User-added image
Strange. I am logged in, but I don't see that select, or the launch button.
Abdul KhatriAbdul Khatri
Can you check on the top right corner if it tells you are actually logged in, similar like mine

User-added image
Yes, I am logged (0 badges, 100 points). But no launch button.  Maybe my account doesn't have the right permission?
Abdul KhatriAbdul Khatri
Let's try this
Log out of all the accounts and login again, also clear your browser cookies and history. If that doesn't wrok then try it in a different browser.
Abdul KhatriAbdul Khatri
Did you try?

Hi All, thank you for the replies. I did get my Dreamhouse app started, with the help of a Salesforce rep. I am now able to work through the tutorial. I can't remember all the steps I went through but essentially I needed to register my domain.  It was confusing because I needed to login so many times—on every salesforce subdomain I needed to login again. Some pages had links to both login and logout. Abdul, I did clear my cookies, but that didn't seem to change things.

Another thing I find confusing is that I still don't see a Launch link on any Trailhead pages when I am logged in.  But I bookmarked my dev app, so its not a problem.

Correction: now I do see the launch button. I moved to a new module in the tutorial, and it suddenly showed up.
And may I say, without sounding obnoxious, that these Salesforce apps do not inspire confidence? Every time I post a reply here, I get a 503. Lots of links give me 404s. Components show up or not, depending on unkown conditions. And a page that lets a user both login and logout, that's really, really bad. How did this buggy stuff make it to production?
Abdul KhatriAbdul Khatri
Hmm, let's address these to the Salesforce. I am sorry I wasn't that helpful so that I can make this best but I tried my best to help you out. Thanks for the reply.