function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gareth GibbonsGareth Gibbons 

How to setup Survey Force where surveys are sent to cases?

Hi Guys,

I just added the Survey Force to my org now. What I am wanting to know is how to link the survey created in Survey Force to be sent to my cases?

Can anybody advise?
Best Answer chosen by Gareth Gibbons
Jainam ContractorJainam Contractor
Hi Gareth,

Good to know you figured it out.. Mark this as the solution to help community grow and remove this thread from the list of unsolved questions.

Thanks,
Jainam.

All Answers

Hi Gareth,

When you create a Survey template and when you roll out Survey mails, embed the CaseId using merge field in the Email template to the Survey link. 

https://sample-demo--c.na73.visual.force.com/apex/takesurvey?id=a031I000001y29wQAA&cId=none&caId=none 

In the caId in the above link, merge the CaseId due to which the Survey Mail has been rolled out.

https://sample-demo--c.na73.visual.force.com/apex/takesurvey?id=a031I000001y29wQAA&cId={!Opportunity.ContactId__c}&caId=none

In the above example I have linked survey with the Contact, instead of that you can link to the Case using the merge field in the Email template.

Let me know if it helps or you need more information.

Thanks,
Jainam Contractor,
Salesforce Consultant,
Varasi LLC
www.varasi.com
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Gareth,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

May I suggest you please check with below link from the success community with a similar discussion and a suggested workaround which might help you. Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the information was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Hi Jainam,

Thanks. So once I've completed that, then how do I know that the survey is sent to cases?

Is this the last step?
Hi.

How do I manually send the survey to cases?
Hi Gareth,

This isn't the last steps. Once you have configured the Email template, create an Email alert for the same. Once you create an Email alert, create a Workflow Rule/ Process Builder to send Email alert based on your condition.

In your requirement, if you want to send an email alert of survey after the case has been closed, select the condition in Workflow Rule/ Process  Builder of the Case being closed and in the Action box, select the Email alert and then select the Email that you want to send to the person.

Once the email recipient receives the email and fill out the survey, that particular survey will be linked to the Case.

Mark this as the solution if it helped you.

Thanks,
Jainam Contractor
User-added image

Hi Jainam.

I am trying to select the "Email link w/ contact & case merge"  by the sharing options tab. And the  selectin the site created. 
But its not allowing me to save it, as when i go back to it, then is shows as the above screenshot " Chatter".

Yes, I am wanting to send the survey email template from Survey Force to a case. Will i need to go to workflow rules, select object as " Cases" and complete the steps below as per screenshot?User-added image
Hi Gareth,

Have you created an Email alert or an Email template yet. If not, create one first. Once you have created the Email template and its related email alert create a Workflow rule which will trigger an Email to the recipient you chose.

Please let me know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,
Jainam Contractor
Hi Jainam,

I have created the Email template now. Do I enter the customer satisfaction survey on it? 

How does the email template get connected with the Survey force survey template?

Hi,

When I tried to open the Survey Force link , I am not able to do so as the below screen appears. Why is this?

User-added image
Hi Gareth,

User-added image

When you click on the button, you should be able to see the survey that you might have configured. Are you able to see that...???

Also the link that i highlighted, you should include that in your email template and replace caId=none to caId=(CaseId Merge Field in the template).

Please let me know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,
Jainam Contractor 
Hi Jainam,

Unfortunately not. When I set the "Email link w/ Contact & Case merge" and select the site created  , and when I click the button " Open Survey" it opens a new browser on the below screenshot.

User-added image
Thanks. So when creating the Email template , I should add the link to it? 

Regards,
Gareth
Hi Gareth,

Yes, you should add the Survey link to your Email template and then merge the Case/ Contact fields to it.

If you had access to the Survey force then you should be able to browse the Survey form when you click on that button. You should not embed the CaseId/ ContactId at that time.

Thanks,
Jainam
Hi Jainam,

I have created the email template now and added the survey link in it. 

https://surestartcoza--c.eu11.visual.force.com/apex/takesurvey?id=a0N0Y000006hqM9UAI&cId=&caId=

I am able to view the survey created in Survey Force when clicking on the link.

So once email template is created, then I should create a workflow rule to automatically send to cases . Correct?

Hi Jainam,

Please see email Survey Force ,customer feedback survey below on screenshot. Does it look right? Can I remove my User name? 

User-added image
Hi Gareth,

Once you have created the Email template and added the Survey link (hope you have added the Case Merge field to relate the survey to the case) in that mail, you need to create an Email alert for the Case Object wherein you select the User/ Contact to whom Survey needs to be sent.

And then create a Workflow rule to send Survey Mail automatically based on some condition.

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Thanks,
Jainam
Hi Jainam,

Thank you . I have done that now.

Hi Gareth,

Good to know you figured it out.. Mark this as the solution to help community grow and remove this thread from the list of unsolved questions.

Thanks,
Jainam.
This was selected as the best answer