function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mark Coburn 10Mark Coburn 10 

external data error. Not sure why I'm getting this error

I'm getting an external data error: "This data isn't available because the Results object's "ID" field has an external column name that can't be found on the external system. Contact your admin for help." does anyone know why I'm getting this error? 
Venkata Naresh Thatha 8Venkata Naresh Thatha 8
This is because one of the object field is set as external ID which is not found in the external system you are trying to integrate from the salesforce.See the below screenshot.

User-added image

Mark Coburn 10Mark Coburn 10
Thank you for the help, though there are two things to note here; 1: we don't have a field on this external object which is an external id field. In fact, it seems as though this isn't even possible with external objects, 2. question - is the External ID standard field automatically an external id field? If so, and it's not set as such on the OData side, would this cause this particular problem? Again, Thanks for all the help. 
Venkata Naresh Thatha 8Venkata Naresh Thatha 8
External lookup Field (standard field type) will enable to connect data from external object. But i believe (need some experts to confirm), external ID is kind of primary key which is slightly different. I am not sure about other question.