function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Frances AllenFrances Allen 

Sandbox User Emails are not Changing on Edit

Our users in Salesforce have the email format on creation: 
jcarroll=mycompany.com@example.com 

Somehow I've managed to change my email address to a proper form of 
rsmith@mycompany.com.

When I try to change any other users' emails the format always reverts back to the same as in the first example. In other words, I cannot change it from jcarroll=mycompany.com@example.com  to jcarroll@mycompany.com.

Rather than log a case I though I'd get input from people here first.
Aamir KhanAamir Khan
Aloha,

A notification email will be sent to the original email address and a verification email will be sent to the new email address to authorize the change. To apply the update, the user must click the verification link sent to their new email and complete the resulting verification steps within 72 hours.

Make sure you changed email address from user record and the verification email responded.

Please like if it helps, .
Please mark solved if it works.

Mahalo,
Aamir AH Khan,
Salesforce Expert
Manish  ChoudhariManish Choudhari
Hi Frances,

Please use below steps to do so:

Update your own email address
1. In Lightning Experience open your personal setup, in Classic open Setup
2. Search for Personal Information
2. In the “Email” field, enter your new email address
2. Click Save to confirm and apply your change

Update the email address for another User (Admins only)
1. Open the Setup menu
2. Search for Users
3. Find a User record to update, then click Edit
4. Change the Email field to the new email address
5. Click Save
A notification email will be sent to the original email address and a verification email will be sent to the new email address to authorize the change. To apply the update, the user must click the verification link sent to their new email and complete the resulting verification steps within 72 hours.

Please note that this will only happen when changing the email address on the user record to an email other than the user's email address, and not when changing the Return Address with that user's personal email settings.

Bulk update multiple User email addresses (Admins only)
To change User email addresses in bulk, use an API tool like Data Loader or Workbench.
After your bulk change, notification emails will be sent to each original email address and verification emails will be sent to each new email address to authorize and apply each update.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Manish
Kailas NambiKailas Nambi
Hi Frances,

The notification email will be send in your old email address (mycompany.com@example.com).

The email change notification link will be send in your new email address (jcarroll@mycompany.com).Please click that link and the email address has been changed in your Org.

Note: Please give the valid email address because the link will be send in your new email address.

Thanks
Nambi
I think that this is a bug because the users that get their emails changed are sometimes getting these emails and sometimes not. But thanks anyways.
This is good information but I think there is a deeper Microsoft issue here because when I changed the emails to gmail accounts and then have an approval process activate an email alert I get Relay Access Denied ATTR36 error. 
I had to call Salesforce support to get this solved.