function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Arrielle KooimanArrielle Kooiman 

Build an Alexa Skill - Create a Voice User Interface: InteractionModel.json Causing Error

I'm entering the contents of the InteractionModel.json file into the JSON Editor in the Amazon Alexa Interaction Model. When I try to save the model with the new code I get the following Error: The interaction model is invalid. Error code: InvalidModelDefinitionSchema

Any idea what could be going wrong? 

User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Arrielle Kooiman
@Paul, I never did end up fully resolving this. However, it looks like the Trailhead Module has been updated to account for Amazons new Skill Builder UI.

Now when you follow the module everything is working properly. 

All Answers

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

According to the content it is code editor where you need to palce the interactionModel.json

"Replace the contents of the Code Editor text box by copy-pasting the contents of the InteractionModel.json file.
Pro tip: Click the Raw button on the upper right so you can easily right-click and Select All of the content.

Please mark it as solved if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Best Regards
Sandhya

Thanks for the reply Sandhya, but unless I somehow ended up in the wrong section, it looks like Amazon possibly changed the UI for their skill builder.

As far as I can tell there is no 'Code Editor'. The closest thing that they have is the JSON Editor. You can see in the screenshot provided above what options are available to me. 
In the Trailhead Module, Alexa Skill Builder was still in Beta, and it looks like it's been released now. So the UI change isn't surprising, and it's why I'm pretty sure JSON Editor is the Code Editor. 
Paul LambertPaul Lambert
@Arrielle ... DId you ever get this resolved?
@Paul, I never did end up fully resolving this. However, it looks like the Trailhead Module has been updated to account for Amazons new Skill Builder UI.

Now when you follow the module everything is working properly. 
This was selected as the best answer