function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Harshada Kadu 9Harshada Kadu 9 

Unable to create/update fields: Party_ID__c. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.

Hi,
I have Acount as master and Invoice Details as child. Using Rest api data is being pushed into salesforce.Now when data for invoice details is being pushed, the error : " Unable to create/update fields: Party_ID__c. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set. "  is thrown. Party_ID__c is refernce for Account ID.

INVOICE_DETAILS__c {"Name":8953,"Trans_Type__c":"MSI","Trans_Date__c":"2016-06-10T00:00:00","Party_ID__c":"0012800001H7PeiAAF","Doc_No__c":"MO-1606-00152","Total_Amount__c":25531.55,"Transaction_SubType__c":"MEMO ISSUE"} Unable to create/update fields: Party_ID__c. Please check the security settings of this field and verify that it is read/write for your profile or permission set.

I have checked all the settings for fields all seems fine.Please advice on what is going wrong

Thanks,
Harshada

VamsiVamsi
Hi,

make sure that Rest API authenticating user has access to that field Party_ID__c
Hi Vamsi,

The user has access to field Party_ID__c.
Is it because the account and invoice details have master-detail relationship? what if i change the Party_ID__c' datatype to lookup?

Thanks,
Harshada
VamsiVamsi
Right now Party_ID__c is which data type ?
Master-Detail(Account)
VamsiVamsi
I guess User should have access to the relating account because access to child object is controlled by parent (Account). Try inserting invoice data with different account id that user has access to ...
The user is Admin and has profile of System Administrator. It has access to all the fields.

Arthur AlmeidaArthur Almeida
Hello Harshada, how are you? How do you solve it? I have this same problem.