function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bhushan burujwaleBhushan burujwale 

How to update the userlicense on the User object ?

If I want to change the UserLicense on the User Object how Can change it through SOAP API.
I am confused as I couldnt find the Userlicense directly assosciated with UserObject.
But from the front end I can see we can update the UserLicense on the User ?
Please provide some help
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Please refer this link 

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000199705&type=1

User License field is not readily available in Mapping Dialog after clicking Create or Edit a Map button. Therefore, instead of using User License, get the Profile ID in which you're assigning the user. Since every Profile is tied up with a License, updating the profile will simultaneously update the license as well.

1. Get the User ID of the user you're updating by following these steps:

Report Tab | New Report | Administrative Report | Users | Create | Remove All Columns | Fields from the preview pane | Add User ID and Full name fields to the preview pane | Save 

2. Get the profile ID in which you're assigning the user

Open Data Loader | Export | Check Show all Salesforce Object | Profile | Next | Select Id and Name from the query field | Finish

3. Organize the User ID and Profile ID in a spread sheet and save it as csv 

4. Use Data Loader 

Open Data Loader | Update | Show All Salesforce Objects | User | Choose csv file | Next | OK | Create or Edit a Map | Next | Map Profile ID (column header) with Profile Id and User ID with Id | OK |Select the directory where the success and error files should be saved, then click "Finish".

Bhushan burujwaleBhushan burujwale
I agree that UserLicense is associated with profile and if we update the profile the license will get update.
I am confused as from the front end you can update the license withoug updating profile. Can you please help with that.

User-added image