function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Baz DensonBaz Denson 

Convert multiple contacts in web to lead form

I have a web form which we are using for web to lead. When the form is filled in it automatically starts a process to send electronic contracts etc from the account.

Included on the form is a section for the customer to add the names and emails of additional contacts in the business who they would like to sign up too.

There could be a maximum of 10 extra people.

When I convert the lead, I need to convert these additional people as well. These extra people would also need to be part of the contract process. 

Is the best approach to write some custom APEX to convert these extra leads, or is there a functional way to handle this.

Also ahould I move the contract process onto the contact object or create each one fo these additional contacts as child accounts of the parent lead?

TIA
Avishek Nanda 14Avishek Nanda 14
Baz, this is possible through Apex triggers if you are using an enterprise edition Salesforce. You will have to write a trigger after update on leads to check the hidden field on salesforce - IsConverted. 

This link will guide you on the trigger code. 
http://blog.jeffdouglas.com/2009/02/13/enhancing-the-lead-convert-process-in-salesforce/

Let me know if any help is required here.

Regards,
Avishek Nanda