function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sameer VitvekarSameer Vitvekar 

I want to generate ID everytime contact is created. However, contact and Id are two different objects

I have two objects Inquiry ID and contact. I want inquiryid to autonumber everytime a contact is created.
Best Answer chosen by Sameer Vitvekar
Saravana Muthu 8Saravana Muthu 8
Hi,

You can create a InquiryID as a autonumber field. So when you create a contact if you have process builder on contact it will create Inquiry record.

In the process builder you need to set the values for 'Recuirt' as Contact ID and other fields as neccassary.

The InquiryID will be auto generated number field which will automatically create a number as per you your given format.

Please let us know if you can able to understand?

Thanks,
Sarav
Sweet Potato Tec

All Answers

Hi,

You can use process builder on Contact object.

Check any criteria you want for example contact name not equals to blank.

Then You can use create records in the process builder to create inquiry id when a contact in inserted.

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helps you.

Thanks,
Sarav,
Sweet Potato Tec
The problem is the field InquiryID is under object Inquiry and is related to contact through another field name Recruit which has master-detail relationship with contact. I was wondering if there is a way that whenever this contact is created the inquiryid auto generate a number to the contact
Hi,

You can create a InquiryID as a autonumber field. So when you create a contact if you have process builder on contact it will create Inquiry record.

In the process builder you need to set the values for 'Recuirt' as Contact ID and other fields as neccassary.

The InquiryID will be auto generated number field which will automatically create a number as per you your given format.

Please let us know if you can able to understand?

Thanks,
Sarav
Sweet Potato Tec
This was selected as the best answer
Thank you Sarav. It worked. Thank you for your help.
Hi,

Please mark the helpful answer as the best answer.

So that it will be helpful to others too.

Thanks,
Sarav
Sweet Potato Tec