function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VSUVSU 

deactivate dupecatcher filter

I have been asked to dectivate the existing Dupecatcher filter for contact and lead email address (screenshot attached).
However, I am unable to find them under the Setup menu. Could you guide me to the correct location? This is my first time working on Dupecatcher filters, hence, I'd appreciate any inputs.

To be deactivated - "contact email address"
User-added image

To be deactivated - "lead email address"
User-added image
Unable to find any dupecatcher filter with the above name
User-added image
Best Answer chosen by VSU
Ashish KumarAshish Kumar
Hi Vinitha,

In the first screenshot, you will find an edit button, please click on that to edit "Contact Email Address" Rule and uncheck the "active" checkbox to deactivate that and do the same for "Lead Email Address".

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards,

All Answers

Ashish KumarAshish Kumar
Hi Vinitha,

Are you using any custom appexchange app for duplicate management (Dupecatche so to say) or is it the native duplicate rules you are talking about?

In case if it is native then you may find it under setup, just write "Duplicate Rules" in quick search area under setup.
This link might help you
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=duplicate_rules_create.htm&type=0&language=en_US 

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Ashish Kr.
VSUVSU
Thanks for your response Ashish. I believe we use the native rules as I was able to find them via Setup. I have been able to create new rules, but Im not sure where I can find the rules mentioned previosly, that need to be deactivated. Attached is a screenshot of the current duplicate rules, majority are inactive.
User-added image

Ashish KumarAshish Kumar
It seems you are talking about the custom appexchange app.

You must be having a rule under dupecatcher app "Contact Email Address" which you need to deactivate.
Could you please provide a full screen screenshot of the first image in your first post?

Regards,
Ashish Kr.
Ashish KumarAshish Kumar
Dupecatcher app

You may need to deactivate Rule from Dupecatcher app.

Please use below link for Dupecatcher app reference.
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IYLlEAO

Regards,
Ashish Kr.
VSUVSU
Does this help? I have also attached the installed package that we I see for DupeCatch.

User-added image

User-added image
This is the list of duplicate rules that I can see. The ones that are active were created by me. I do not see any rule titles "Contact email address" or "Lead email address"

User-added image
Ashish KumarAshish Kumar
Hi Vinitha,

In the first screenshot, you will find an edit button, please click on that to edit "Contact Email Address" Rule and uncheck the "active" checkbox to deactivate that and do the same for "Lead Email Address".

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards,
This was selected as the best answer
VSUVSU
Is this the correct screen? Unchecking active is all I need to do?
I had to switch to classic as I coudl not edit in Lightning.

User-added image
Ashish KumarAshish Kumar
Yes. this is to deactivate the Filter.

Regards,
Ashish Kr.
VSUVSU
Thanks for your help Ashish.
Ashish KumarAshish Kumar
Hi Vinitha,

Please mark the correct one as a best answer if it solved your problem. It would help others if they get stuck with same issue in future.

Regards,
Ashish Kr.