function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Neha Kumari 86Neha Kumari 86 

I have a number field on Account, on this I have written a validation rule saying number should be always < 10,000. Now I have a workflow field update on same and it’s updating with 15,000. Now user is trying to insert 12,000. What is the result??

I have a number field on Account, on this I have written a validation rule saying number should be always < 10,000. Now I have a workflow field update on same and it’s updating with 15,000. Now user is trying to insert 12,000. What is the result??
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
You will get validation error while saving the record 
Shruti SShruti S
Please let me know how the user is trying to insert 12000.

If the user is manually inserting the 12000 in the Account detail page, then the validation rule will be fired and the error message will be dispalyed.

If the user is updating the Account record's number field value as 12000 via a workflow rule, then the validation rule will not fire as in Salesforce, validation rules are not applicable/fired when the record updates are made via workflow rules.
Sharad Soni 1Sharad Soni 1
Hi Neha,

The above condition will throw an error saying "A flow trigger failed to execute a flow with its Workflow Id". So it is not possible to update a field by workflow/Process Builder/Trigger by going beyond of validation rule.