function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Willem Rippen SrWillem Rippen Sr 

import accounts and contacts 65000 acc/cont

I have Ligtning Enterpise and  am new to SF.
I have file 65000 accounts/contacts "One Company,  with sometimes several Contacts."
I have Excel split in 2 x 35000 or the total 65000.records. with both the header fields.
If I use the SF  standard import Wizard with Accounts and Contacts wizard, I dont know how to avoid  Double Accounts and
how to get the correct linking between the Accounts and Contacts.
I have also DATAloader which is not limited to 50.000, but (i prefer this Dataloader) to import first the Accounts and then the Contacts, ?? and how to get relationship.
How to work with Excel 2013 to get a correct CSV (,)  file and not a semicolon (;) which seems to be the standard  "csv"conversion.
All my data file DONOT include any commas anymore (cleaned).

Example file:
Johnson & Co, Ronald  Trump
Johnson & Co, Anne  Silver
Matis Comp, William  Vank
Kaiser Comp,   John Berg
Kaiser Comp,   Martin Mounty

Hope to hear from you.
William

Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hello William,

First question: do you have external Ids for the objects Account and Contact?

The names could be not sufficient and you should insert the account first for exporting their Ids but you still need an external Ids ideally for the duplicate entries on the names (unique lookup values).

Imagine many Ronald Trump for Johnson & Co (junior and senior simply, quite common perhaps for english names). 

You will have many answers here for this common question. 

Willem Rippen SrWillem Rippen Sr
Yes I have both Account and Contacts  external ID  (Like  Very Long 3cCvxxcv555xhftyr556 ) etc etc)  coming from export from SuiteCRM (Local installed sql)
Thanks sofar, what is best option with Dataloader or the 50.000 max Acconts/Cpntact Import Wizard.  Bye.  William.
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Ok, if you have external Ids, you should use them all the time (create them in Salesforce too if they don't already exist).

The dataloader can detect all the external Ids automatically when they exist and prompts for selecting them but you should use "Upsert" instead of "Insert/Update".

As soon as the external Ids exist in Salesforce and you use the dataloader with Upsert, the all thing becomes very intuitive (without exporting the account before loading the contacts).

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000002783&type=1

The 50.000 max limit for the wizard is a constraint indeed but you just need to split the complete files in bunches with a command split -l 50000

With the Dataloader, the limit is 5,000,000 records but there is global file size limit before (50 mo).

I am using these tools for windows (command line): http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/coreutils.htm

But there are many alternative when you want to split a file with freewares:

How to split file in windows just like linux
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34609650/how-to-split-file-in-windows-just-like-linux