function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jorge Devia 5Jorge Devia 5 

Visualflow RecordUpdate can't update Campaign

I'm working a FLOW and the last step is a Record Update. Drag & Drop the component and when setting it I cannot pick the Campaign object. As an alternative, I did a Fast Lookup to bring the Campaign Record, update fields and as last step a Fast Update and when saving the FLOW I got the message: Flow Can't Update Campaign object.

Sharing rules are Public Full Access
My current user (when creating the Flow) is Sys Admin

Best Answer chosen by Jorge Devia 5
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
By chance, could you verify this checkbox?

Defining Campaign Access: Which groups of users should have access to campaigns?
Before setting up campaign management, you need to determine who should have access to campaigns. By default, all users have read
access to campaigns, while only users with the Marketing User checkbox selected on their user record can create, edit, or delete
campaigns.
Consider the following information when determining campaign access:
Users that don't have the Marketing User checkbox selected only have access to view campaigns and advanced campaign
setup, edit the Campaign History for a single lead or contact, and run campaign reports if they have the “Read” permission for
campaigns.

https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/208/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_campaign_implementation_guide.pdf

All Answers

Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hello Jorge,

It is perhaps because there is an internal error into the flow definition (missing Id?).

Could you export the metadata definition of your flow?

The steps are explained here (packflow.xml): https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=9060G0000005W9uQAE

Hi Alain, thanks for your support, but it's not because any Id, is when trying to set the record update:
User-added image
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
There is clearly a security problem.

User-added image

Strange.

Hey Alain, well, the issue is, I did the same flow creation in a DEV instance, for DEMOING purposes, now, I'm working on a sandbox, refreshed a couple of days ago, and, while trying to recreate the flow, the issue with the campaign object. Any advice?
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
By chance, could you verify this checkbox?

Defining Campaign Access: Which groups of users should have access to campaigns?
Before setting up campaign management, you need to determine who should have access to campaigns. By default, all users have read
access to campaigns, while only users with the Marketing User checkbox selected on their user record can create, edit, or delete
campaigns.
Consider the following information when determining campaign access:
Users that don't have the Marketing User checkbox selected only have access to view campaigns and advanced campaign
setup, edit the Campaign History for a single lead or contact, and run campaign reports if they have the “Read” permission for
campaigns.

https://resources.docs.salesforce.com/208/latest/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_campaign_implementation_guide.pdf

This was selected as the best answer