function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Suma G 7Suma G 7 

how to check the validation rules while approving the records?

Hi,
i have a validation rule on my custom object(xxx__c), it says that, account lookup is null my validation rule fires and says, "Please select an Account to continue.". but for the same custom object i have an approval process. when i edit the record my validation rules fires(if i dint populate value for an account) as excepcted. but when record is locked (i.e, approval process initiated) and no data in account field. if user clicks on approve it is not throwing the validation rule. how can i handle that. Any suggestions please.

-Suma.
Selva Ramesh 4Selva Ramesh 4
Hi,

Please refer this link - https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=087300000007lcT

Another way to do is we should add the criteria  of what we want in the entry criteria in the approval process.

But it won't shows the exact message as validation rule . it display as the criteria doesnt match the record for approval process.

Thanks,
Selva 
Sweet Potato Tec

Suma G 7Suma G 7
Hi Selva,

Thanks for your time. 
in my case, i have a process builder to invoke the approval process. i am putting my record back to re-initiate the approval proval process but, my process builder is not triggering second time. so, i am not able to re-initiate the approval process.

Thanks,
Suma.
Selva Ramesh 4Selva Ramesh 4
Hi Suma,

Can you please share your criteria  and action in process builder.

Tell the exact scenario of what you want so i can try it and let you know.

Thanks,
Selva