function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vrushali Mali 4Vrushali Mali 4 

Lead Conversion for Custom Lead object

Hi all, I have a requirement custom lead conversion process here my lead and Opportunity is custom object please help me out in this particular area
Vinod ChoudharyVinod Choudhary
Hi,

For this scenario, you will require a custom visualforce page. Then you would create a custom button to call on this VF page and replace the standard Convert button with the custom button. So, when you clicked the custom button, it would automatically convert the lead instead of taking your users on standard Lead Convert page.

Do some web searches for custom lead convert page.

Thanks
Vinod
Vrushali Mali 4Vrushali Mali 4
Hi Vinod, I know there will be a custom development required Do have code related to the same
Vinod ChoudharyVinod Choudhary
Hi Vrushali,

Sorry, i don't have the code for same. It will be more good if you do it yourself. :)

Thanks

AmulAmul
you can use process builder for the Same rather than coding.

MyLead__c
Opportunity__c

1.Create a field "Is Converted" [API Name: IsConverted__c] checkbox type on MyLead__c object.
2. Create a Conveted Opportunity - Lookup(Opportunity__c) field on  MyLead__c object.
3. Add IsConveted checkbox on Page Layout. and remove Conveted Opportunity field from the Lead Page Layout.
4. So here once User will Edit the My Lead with Checkbox true you have to call Process Builder. And through Process Builder, you can Create Opportunity and populate Converted Lead on My Lead Back.

This can be easily done using Process Builder and Flows.