+ Start a Discussion
Evin Casey 15Evin Casey 15 

App Customization Superbadge Step #2 - Help with an error on the '# of Volunteers Still Needed' field

Hello,

I am working on the App Customization superbadge and I am having issues with the '# of Volunteers Still Needed' field on the 'Volunteer Shift' object as I am getting that the record is not working as expected error.

The requirement for the field states the following:
Field Label: # of Volunteers Still Needed
Field Purpose: Volunteer Shifts calculates and displays the difference between the number of required volunteers and the shifts taken, or zero, whichever is greater.

Here is the screenshot of the field details and I have highlighted the formula below:
# of Volunteers Still Needed field detail

I also tried IF(Desired_Number_of_Volunteers__c - Shifts_Taken__c > 0, Desired_Number_of_Volunteers__c - Shifts_Taken__c, 0) which also errored out in the same fashion.

Could someone please help me out and figure out what is wrong?

Thanks,
Evin

Best Answer chosen by Evin Casey 15
The API names for Desired # of Volunteers and # of Volunteer Still Needed was incorrect

All Answers

Medhanie Habte 37Medhanie Habte 37
I too have this error. I noticed that rollup summary fields don't use filter logic whereas in Salesforce we're looking to determine if the status is either confirmed or completed. This is annoying.
I have the correct picklist criteria and the formulas above.  I added some data to the Account, Volunteer Activity, Volunteer Job, Volunteer Shift, and Volunteer Shift Worker objects.  I was able to get the correct value with using MAX(Desired_Number_of_Volunteers__c - Shifts_Taken__c,0) and IF(Desired_Number_of_Volunteers__c - Shifts_Taken__c > 0, Desired_Number_of_Volunteers__c - Shifts_Taken__c, 0) but I am still getting the same error as we both have been getting.
The API names for Desired # of Volunteers and # of Volunteer Still Needed was incorrect
This was selected as the best answer
ForceMantis (Amit Jain)ForceMantis (Amit Jain)
Evin, My field name are Desired_of_Volunteers__c and of_Volunteers_Still_Needed__c and I am using 
MAX(Desired_of_Volunteers__c - Shifts_Taken__c, 0) formula still I am getting error 
Could not find '# of Volunteers Still Needed' field on the 'Volunteer Shift' object. Any thoughts what may be wrong?
Clio EganClio Egan
User-added image
This is what I have and I am getting the error "The '# of Volunteers Still Needed' field on the 'Volunteer Shift' record is not working as expected."
Vijay GurusamyVijay Gurusamy
I'm still getting this error. But .the formula looks good to me (MAX( Desired_of_Volunteers__c  -  Shifts_Taken__c ,0 )). Is there an open bug in salesforce on this one? Please advice.
Laurie Bayles 12Laurie Bayles 12
I have used all formulas on this page and none of them are working for me.  I'm currently using:  IF( Desired_of_Volunteers__c - Shifts_Taken__c > 0, Desired_of_Volunteers__c - Shifts_Taken__c, 0)
I used insert field button so I know my API names are correct.  Is there anything else it is testing other than just the formula?

Randy WandellRandy Wandell
I have tried multiple formulas that I can confirm via record detail page are working the way the challenge describes they should work.  I am currently using MAX(Desired_of_Volunteers__c - Shifts_Taken__c, 0).  My field names are correct but I still receive the error.
Rajkiran Dewara 23Rajkiran Dewara 23
This worked for me @Randy   IF((Desired_of_Volunteers__c - Shifts_Taken__c)<=0,0, Desired_of_Volunteers__c - Shifts_Taken__c)
ABHISHEK JAGTAP 9ABHISHEK JAGTAP 9
Hello All -- Need help on 

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The '# of Volunteers Still Needed' field on the 'Volunteer Shift' record is not working as expected.

Below Configurations I completed: 

Object Name:  Volunteer Shift
Object API:  Volunteer_Shift__c

Field Label:  # of Volunteers Still Needed
Field Name:  of_Volunteers_Still_Needed
Field API: of_Volunteers_Still_Needed__c
Data Type:    Formula  
Decimal Places:    0  
IF( (Desired_of_Volunteers__c - Shifts_Taken__c ) <= 0 , 0 , Desired_of_Volunteers__c - Shifts_Taken__c )
FLS: Visible to all profiles

Field Label:  Desired # of Volunteers
Field Name:  Desired_of_Volunteers
Field API: Desired_of_Volunteers__c
Data Type: Number(3, 0)
Lenght: 3
Decimal Places:    0  
Required , Unique: False
FLS: Read and Edit to all profiles

Field Label: Shifts Taken
Field Name: Shifts_Taken
API Name: Shifts_Taken__c
Data Type: Roll-Up Summary
Summarized Object: Volunteer Shift Worker
Filter Criteria: Status EQUALS Confirmed, Completed
Summary Type: COUNT
FLS: Read to all profiles

To clear this challenge shall I need to see any other fields/configuration form other objects....

bobnunny1bobnunny1
I am getting the same thing and I've checked the field name, FLS, and filter 10X.  The formula works because I've tried it through the front-end both ways.  So frustrating that we can't get a more refined answer as to what is actually wrong.  These kinds of things make you want to move to another badge and give up.
jayanth R S 10jayanth R S 10
User-added imageUser-added imagePlease check the images above and recheck the formula, i hope it would work.
Vijay Phulwadhawa 2Vijay Phulwadhawa 2
@ABHISHEK JAGTAP 9, @bobnunny1 did you had any luck with the issue?
Raivis Treikals 1Raivis Treikals 1
Had "The '# of Volunteers Still Needed' field on the 'Volunteer Shift' record is not working as expected." error. Fixed it when changed my Shifts Taken
From
User-added image
To
User-added image
Richard PayRichard Pay
Thank You, Thank You Thank You!! Raivis.. this worked for me , not sure why but it did..! 
Arun Kumar R KArun Kumar R K
Still facing the same error Raivis
Athulya Mohan 11Athulya Mohan 11
@arun kumar R K or anyone else who has this issue has managed to figure out what was wrong? 
I ve tried all of the above steps, still throws the error
"The '# of Volunteers Still Needed' field on the 'Volunteer Shift' record is not working as expected."
User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image

Niall ClarkeNiall Clarke
Hi,  I have hit the same error.  did you get a resolution ?

Dorota Kozlowska 16Dorota Kozlowska 16
Hi, guys I  have this error - not sure why. I checked all the names and relationships/object types (lookup, master-detail and so on) and looks like everything is in order. Anyone else had this error and could share tips of what could be wrong in here? Error message: "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: Couldn’t find the 'Volunteer' relationship field or it is not configured correctly." 
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:  Couldn’t find the 'Volunteer' relationship field or it is not configured correctly.

Dorota Kozlowska 16Dorota Kozlowska 16
OK, that was quick. I named the Volunteer field as user, so Traiblazer minions could not find it. Solved! 
named volunteers as users by mistake