function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amish RanjitAmish Ranjit 

Deactivate Welcome email for community from Apex?

I have a requirement to filter sending welcome email to two contact type with community license. Is there any way to prevent sending welcome email from Apex code if even "welcome email checkbox" is checked ?
If this is not possible, can we go with workflow rule. Is it possible to fetch merge field value in VF email template using controller ? Can any one could provide me some suggestion on how to fetch merge field value using controller ??
. ( NOTE: with chekc box checked, merger field value is auto populate)
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Amish,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

You may try disabling the Welcome Email feature and use a WF rule instead to send out the welcome email as suggested in the following post. This way you would have more control on when to send the welcome email.  Hope this will help you with above issue.

Kindly mark this as solved if my reply was helpful so that it gets removed from the unanswered queue which results in helping others who are encountering a similar issue.

Regards,
Nagendra
Amish RanjitAmish Ranjit
Hello 
Nagendra  ,
                Thank you for the response. But i think you missed the points ? If we define welcome email through, will we be able to define merge field in VF email template ?
Thank you!