function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rick MacGuiganRick MacGuigan 

Junction Object not working

I cannot get records to show from a Junction Object. I have an 'Evaluation' object and an 'Audit' object both created directly from the Account object.I need to see the list of Audit records related to an account within the Exaluation object. So I've created a junction object with two Master Detail fields:
  • Audit
  • Evaluation
However, when I open the Evaluation object I see the Audit related list but there are no audit records. There are 25 audit records under the Account object. Creating an Evaluation object under the same Account. 

What could I be doing wrong ? 
jigarshahjigarshah
Rick,

Couple of things to check here.
  1. Have you created the 2 Master Detail Relationship fields on the Audit Object or have you created a different object? The following relationship fields need to be created on the Audit Object such that.
    • Account -> Master Detail relationship to Account
    • Evaluation -> Master Detail relationship to Evaluation 
  2. One thing you should be careful about is the order of creation of the Master Detail relationship fields. The Master Detail field created first on Audit will become the Primary Master for the Audit records. This means that the sharing and visibility of the Audit records will be governed by the Primary Master. 
  3. Additionally, you will also need to ensure that you include the Audit object's related list on the respective Account and Evaluation object's detail page layouts.
In addition to this, it is always a good idea to verify if the exsiting Audit records that you may have, have the respective Account and Evaluation field values populated or it will restrict future DML on those existing Audit records that existed before the relationships were created.

jigarshahjigarshah
Rick,

Please close this thread if your issue is resolved.
Jigarshah thanks for your response. I have created a new object (JunctionObj_Audit_Eval) containing a primary MSTR detail field to the Audit object. Secondary MSTR detail field to the Evaluation object.  The Audit object contains a lookup field to Account (need as lookup for sharing rules.) I do have a case open on this as well. 
jigarshahjigarshah
Rick,

Let me know if you need additional help to address your issue.
I am still looking for input from anyone. There is something fundamentally wrong that I am sure I'm missing.