function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Matt FolgerMatt Folger 

Process Builder not executing for all users

Has anyone ever seen a PB not execute for some users records but execute for other users records?  I have a PB that is an alert-generator for Opportunities, the problem is that it works for me (my Opps) but not other users.  

Don't know why this could be happening, since PBs are supposed to run as a system account on the back-end.  

Has anyone seen this before?  
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Can you see all entry criteria are matching for failure users?
Matt FolgerMatt Folger
I have this overall "process" partially in Workflows and partially in Process Builder.  Workflows have better Time-Dependent workflow action in my experience (willing to be proved wrong on that), couldn't find a comparable way to set a process into motion in Process Builder.  Workflow has a Time-Dependent action that takes place 20 days in advance of the (Targeted) Closed Date.  If this is triggered then it simply checks a box (boolean) on that specific Opportunity record.  The PB starts whenever: 1) a Opp record is changed; 2) that previously mentioned boolean field is marked as "true".  The PB simply posts some 'alerts' to Chatter and then checks another, differnt custom field that was created on that Opp to validate that that process has been ran against that record (to prevent it from triggering more than once).  

This all worked perfectly for me in the Sandbox, I created Opps that were 24, 23, 22, and 21 days out on a Friday, and came back on a Monday to see the Opps that were set with Closed Dates of 21, 22, and 23 days away all properly triggered their alerts, posted to Chatter, populated the right records with the expected Boolean values.  Everything was good. 

But then I deployed those PBs, Workflows and custom fields to the production environment and have been battling bugs, errors, misfires, permissions issues, ever since.  
Gaurav HandooGaurav Handoo
Hi Matt

I totally agree with you, when we say that Workflows have better Time-Dependent actions. Regarding the misfires and errors, would it be possible to share some screenshots or errors that you are receiving for other users which you were not receiving while testing the same on Sandbox.

Also, could you confirm that is the workflow and PB combination working properly on Production for your user (for your Opportunities).

Cheers!!

Gaurav