function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jaime BlalockJaime Blalock 

What is missing from my formula to grab the attachment associated with my email template?

Hello! I am at a loss and not sure what I have missed.I have added a custom button to a custom object so that the members of our sales team can click the button and a email will auto generate to the new client. I have created an email template and attached a document that should go to the client. I can send out the email template successfully with the attachment when testing the template with a contact. I have successfully added the button based on the formula below and  it generates the email and populates with the correct template, to the right people...BUT the attachment that is attached to the email template is not carrying over when thenew button is clicked. Any ideas???? Please help!

/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?rtype=003&p3_lkid={!GIS_New_Account_Set_Up__c.Id}&retURL=%2F{!GIS_New_Account_Set_Up__c.Id}&p5={!$User.Email}&p24="jblalock@geninfo.com,cvodila@geninfo.com, {!GIS_New_Account_Set_Up__c.Contact_Email__c}&template_id=00X38000001w88h
Best Answer chosen by Jaime Blalock
Waqar Hussain SFWaqar Hussain SF
Just found how to make the attachments of email template appear as well. Just add in your original URL: *&new_template=1*

All Answers

Are you seeing attachment on attachment list of email author page?

User-added image
Hi Waqar,

If I go to send the email to a contact the attachment is there. When I use the new custom button, the template pops up in a new window as it should, it populates the correct email addresses, the only problem is that is does not have the attachment when I use this process. I have no clue why?

Screen shot
If I send the template directly to a contact the attacment is thereUser-added image
Just found how to make the attachments of email template appear as well. Just add in your original URL: *&new_template=1*
This was selected as the best answer